- hemi- : Gk.hemi- = half(半)
- (noun) A half of a sphere bounded by a great circle.
- (noun) A half of a symmetrical, approximately spherical object as divided by a plane of symmetry.
- (noun) Either half of the celestial sphere as divided by the ecliptic, the celestial equator, or the horizon.
- (noun) Either the northern or southern half of the earth as divided by the equator or the eastern or western half as divided by a meridian.
- (noun) Anatomy Either of the lateral halves of the cerebrum; a cerebral hemisphere.
- Frequently somebody coming to this hemisphere is accused of being a propagandist.